About the Role
Our Operations Team runs external, customer-facing systems as well as our internal IT infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the setup, installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of our Linux-based infrastructure. We are looking for someone to join our team in Munich — remote work options can also be considered.Do you want to work remotely?
Our Operations Team is based in Munich, however we are open to hiring a new DevOps Engineer who wishes to work remotely in Europe. Please let us know in your application where you currently reside and where you wish to work (e.g. fully remote from Spain, half-remote half-office in Munich, etc.) and we will explore these options with you!As an DevOps Engineer at InterNations, you will:
You meet the following requirements:
- be responsible for the administration of Linux-based systems (Debian and Ubuntu)
- run software like nginx, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, Redis and RabbitMQ
- manage configuration changes and releases using Ansible
- design and implement monitoring and alerting solutions
- build and run docker containers on multiple environments from dev to production
- actively contribute towards bottleneck diagnosis and performance optimization
- work closely together with the Engineering teams on performance, scalability and operability
- run, troubleshoot and extend our Jenkins-based Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Are you the right one for the job?
- significant previous experience with running Linux systems in a production environment, especially in the context of web applications
- a very good understanding of networking and networking appliances: routing, switching, load balancers, firewalls
- significant experience with running a relational database system under significant load (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- no trouble picking up a scripting language or two in order to implement custom solutions
- previous experience in performance analysis and optimization on a Linux stack
- experience with virtualization, container technology or configuration management is a plus
Then send us your application today!
Find out more about what working as a DevOps Engineer at InterNations
is like and get to know one of your future colleagues on our company blog
With over 4 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have offices in Munich, Germany and Porto, Portugal, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
You can find more information about InterNations on our press page, on our about pages, or in our company blog.Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located HQ office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days and special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich or Porto offices. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.